Profile - the man behind the madness
Who Am I?
Hi. I'm Luke Williams, a 21 year old web developer from London working at Forward. I'm also a recent graduate from the University of Kent, Canterbury. I've been building websites for the past 9 years, making my way from the early days of Frontpage to being the go-to guy for all the latest web technologies.
Although passion lies with the web in all its mediums, my true talent is to be a master of all trades and a sponge for information. Through my studies I have also become quite handy at some other digital creative fields, such as animation, interactive experiences (both Flash) and 3D digital art (Maya 2010)
When I'm not engulfed in computers, I tend to be out socialising (being a student) or hurling my significant bulk around as a flanker for a number of rugby teams. Sometimes I study too.
What I Do
- Advanced knowledge of HTML(5), XHTML, XML CSS(3)
- A keen eye for design, usability best practices and accessibility requirements
- In-depth knowledge of Wordpress, CodeIgniter
- Competent experience with other programming languages, such as Java, Ruby, C++ and ASP .NET, Actionscript 3.0
- Experience with numerous frameworks, such as CodeIgniter, Kohana, mooTools, Ruby on Rails and jQuery
- Experience with industry-standard software and IDEs
- A meticulous need for perfection.
What is RedRoot?
I tend to write about a number of topics, ranging from usability theories and Wordpress plugins to rugby and numerous tidbits I've found around the web. With my career as a web developer morphing flickering designer and programmer and over the last few years, my portfolio shows a varied style of project, and I've described my exact role within each project.
This version has been a long time coming, and it's probably my favourite design so far.
If you want to contact me, please do so using the email address. I'm available for freelance work, so any enquiries should be sent here also. Im not currently available for any freelance work to be honest, but if you're really eager, send me an enquiry anyway!