March 24th, 2011
The site is online (somewhere). The codebase has been handed over to the examiners. Now its simply a task of writing the report and user manual and hopefully, hopefully, one the project gets marked in late May, I can set about putting it live. Beta of course.
I’ve learnt a great deal of things during the development of this project. Time management skills, the importance of researching every single design/technological decision, how to build a Google Chrome extension from the ground up. But probably the most important thing I’ve learnt is the importance of being thorough when developing and not cuttings corners. The amount of times in these latter stages I have had to go back and modify old core code was not to be underestimated, but most of the time, due to my meticulous dungeon-crawler-esque coding styles of thinking of every possibility, everything stayed together. For the most part.
Since I’m getting to the end of my university life now I should really begin job hunting, so expect some wholesale changes on the site while I prepare it for CV mode!